Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Post Graduate Diaries


After a year-long hiatus (no judgement, thanks), I am back and better than ever. And by better than ever I mean I've gotten highlights, graduated college and learned how to say "bitch, please" and "don't get crazy" in American Sign Language. I pretty much feel unstoppable. Minus the fact that for the first time in my life, I really have no clue what's coming around the corner.

I've heard from plenty of people that the real world is nothing to be played with, and that is why I am trying to prolongue the f-ckery for as long as possibly. I'm only 21, after all. Unlike many of my fellow 2011 graduates, I was never really looking forward to graduating. I mean yeah, wahoo, I am a college graduate but so what? My biggest concern right now is student loans kicking in and how I can get a good-paying job without shedding any clothing and actually using the skills I've acquired over the past four years. Yes, I graduated - now what?

While I figure that out, I'll be blogging like usual and sharing any awesome experiences I encounter along the way. Enjoy the ride. I promise not to make this a complaining blog but I will keep my feelings about the sh-tty economy 100% real.

However, the way I see it, complaining isn't going to change anything so instead of asking myself when things stopped being fun and started being routine, I need to focus on the positive things in life. Like cupcakes and shoe sales.


2 comments:

  1. When I graduated, i actually posted this scenario for my friends...

    "all your life your parents would tell you, studies should come first"

    "now that I'm done with studying... what now?"

    lol

    that's where the crisis enters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I've never had to experience crisis mode before now lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my page and taking the time to leave a comment. You rock for that! Make sure you leave the URL to your blog/site so I can check you out too! & if you like what you read, feel free to follow :]

PS - I'm good for commenting back on my page in response to questions/etc. But I will always check out yours.

- Nhya