Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Not-So-New-Years Resolutions

I don't want to call these my New Years Resolutions because these are not new resolutions. A lot of these are actually repeats *shrugs*. I could tell you about my usual resolutions like "reading more", "getting a promotion", and my ever-popular "finally get that license!", but those are tired. So here are the real little things I'd like to say I did by the end of 2012.

1.) Learn more about the world around me. For example: it would be nice to really know what's going on with the upcoming election. Do I really care? Nope. Will I deliberately start debates about it? Absolutely.

2.) Get my own Netflix account. It's not that I'm not happy using my boyfriend and roommate's, but there's something liberating about knowing you're watching your own Netflix with your own extremely descriptive favorite movies coming up. Clearly "supernatural thrillers with a strong female lead" is ALL me.

3.) Continue to get carded at every bar, restaurant, and rated-R movie I go to. Makes me feel young again.

4.) Hit the gym like it's going out of style. I've been doing it so far, but I can step it up. Like a lot. And now that I'm getting paid to look good, why wouldn't I keep it up? An elongated "daaaaamn" once and a while doesn't hurt either.

5.) Meet one of my followers. I'm usually somewhat wary about being new people, especially on the internet but this blog has turned out better than I've expected (just being honest here). I'd love to meet a follower from NY for lunch or coffee or something. And obviously, I'd blog about it RIGHT after. It would only be right :]

6.) Spend my usual time on Youtube learning how to do new nail designs, hairstyles and supporting emerging internet talent. You'd be surprised what Youtube has done for me lately.

7.) Develop a stronger relationship with Angel. If you don't already know, I name all of my electronics. My laptop's name is Miracle and my iPhone 4s is Angel. Angel and I have only met recently and there's still a whole lot more I need to learn about him.

You should know that I'll continue to be on my grind in 2012, because it's a part of who I am. These "resolutions" are just bound to help make the ride fun along the way.

27 comments:

  1. Nhya, those are excellent girl! Good for you! I need to do #4, and #4, and ummm yes #4! Maybe that should be my one and only goal! HAHA But all kidding aside, you can accomplish everything on that list. I know you can. Have a great evening. :D
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your list.
    Usually New Years Resolutions are so boring and unattainable.
    I really like 6. That is something I want to do, get out of my boring hair and make-up routine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. def a gr8 list!!! i hope that i can also meet a follower of my blog someday and that is totally awesome you name your electronic!! (b/c i do it 2!! LoL)

    http://infinitelifefintess.com

    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't quite get the rage of youtube until recently... I found an amazing Asian make-up artist who puts together the best videos. There are captions, it moves at a slow pace, and she shows you the before and after for each step. Good resolutions whether it is new years or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Years Resolution are usually hard to stick too
    http://fashberries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeahhhhh, for hitting the gym! #BEASTMODE, baby. :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I love getting carded too! thought it was just me.

    http://shebangz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list.. especially the getting carded thing.

    Ironically, I didn't get carded at my first legal R-rated movie OR at either of the places I drank on my 21st.. been carded since, but not on those days. Lamest ever.

    Love that you name your electronics. My new computer doesn't have a name, but my two previous were Bunny and Chelsea. Maybe I should name this one? The USB's get names, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to meet at least one of my followers as well. I've made so many wonderful friends after blogging for the last 6 months, and it's a little sad to know that I will probably never know most of them in real life. I think this is a very good resolution :)

    The gym is also on my list for 2012. This was such a bad season for weight gain.

    ~SP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thanks so much for stopping by and posting some love! Makes my day! I wonder if anyone ever reads my stuff sometimes or if i'm just blogging to myself. haha

    LOVE your blog tho! absolutey jealous! so girly, and fun!

    are you having a good holiday week so far? all ready for christmas?!

    www.barbie-bombshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your resolutions! I may have to take a few!
    http://fashionablyspeakn.blogspot.com/2011/12/quick-tips.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post,love ur resolutions. Lol abt naming ur gadgets haha that's so cool. Also plan on meeting a couple blogger friends

    U have a wonderful blog,am a new follower!
    http://sharon-871sher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. great resolutions! i would definitely feel better having my own netflix account i usually don't watch certain movies because i'll get the look once all the suggestions are classic romantics

    http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl! Those goals sound great. I got some good tips from my followers about keeping them. Make them specific and measurable and check in with them each month! :)

    I wish I was in NY, I would love to have coffee with you! You're absolutely hilarious. :)

    Merry Christmas chica!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you get your own Netflix, all of the suggestions will be geared towards your tastes and you won't have to wade through all of the stuff you don't like. Serious positive.

    http://preposterouspace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. also I want learn moore about around me!!! happy christmas! passes to see me on my blog and if you like we can follow each other? (also on facebook!)
    http://keepintouchwithfashion.blogspot.com/ have a wonderful Christmas … keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  17. aaawww, and i was actually in NY on the 14th too.#MissedOpportunity

    ReplyDelete
  18. i need to make my resolutions ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Girl! I've changed my blog address. Just wanted you to know.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. You remind me that I need to make some resolutions for this year. I love yours (and kind of feel inspired). I like to name stuff too. I know once you get to know Angel better, you will be best friends!

    *Erin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy new year and best wishes for 2012. I hope you achieve all your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL those are some really cute not so much resolutions! Happy New Year!!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy new year ! Hope you achiev all or any of the resilutions :)

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a Wonderful New Year, Carrymel!

    ReplyDelete
  25. haha aww i love your resolution's! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I couldn't agree more with your list. I've been going to the gym a lot lately too and I love feeling sore the next day...it means I did something right.

    I don't have an iPhone but I'd be okay with you buying me one...just saying!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my page and taking the time to leave a comment. You rock for that! Make sure you leave the URL to your blog/site so I can check you out too! & if you like what you read, feel free to follow :]

PS - I'm good for commenting back on my page in response to questions/etc. But I will always check out yours.

- Nhya